imagemap - click over buoy symbol to get full
report on selected station.
Improved Java Version of this map
- Maps of Southern California and a Northern California are also available to help
see through much of the clutter above.
- In addition, a Buoy Summary (Java) is available.
- The small dark blue arrows are the latest WAM 00 from NOAA
plotted as a vector field every 2.5 degrees.
- The NOAA Moored buoy data wind direction is now plotted from
the new text field format in degrees rather than from a table of angles
(N, NW, etc., etc.).
- Missing data: This occurs from time to time as data is
unavailable from CDIP or NOAA. It will usually reappear within a few
hours. Check the NOAA
NDBC Buoy Status for detailed information on the status of any NOAA
- NDBC Station
Maintenance Update - check here for the latest on the vanishing NOAA
- The red circles represent the NOAA moored buoys. The yellow
squares represent CDIP buoys/stations, and the green diamond CICESE in
Mexico. When directional data are present, a blue arrow is drawn
showing the mean swell direction for the CDIP stations at Santa Cruz,
Diablo Canyon, Harvest Buoy, Huntington Beach, and San Clemente. The
mean wave angle for the Harvest platform is indicated by the large
light blue arrow in the lower left of the map. Sustained wind is
plotted with a dark red vector indicating direction - 1/10 inch is 10
knots. The NWS
24hr Sea Wave Forecast with mean swell direction is plotted using green
vector arrows and labeled. In summary, blue arrows represent observed
average direction and green arrows the predicted direction.
- A PostScript version of current
image is also available.
- Data is compiled and plotted every 20 minutes courtesy:
Note: This is not an official US
government server. Although the data are obtained from government
sources, there is no guarantee the information obtained for these plots
is true and correct.
This page will refresh every 10
minutes when displayed in Netscape compatible browsers.
Last modified Jan 01, 2011
Comments and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org